You can now claim online for a grant for 80% of your furloughed employees’ salaries, up to a maximum of £2,500 per employee, per month, through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
This scheme will be open until the end of June 2020.
Before you make a claim:
- please read all the available guidance on GOV.UK before you apply
- gather all the information and the precise calculations you need before you start your application – if you have a payroll provider, they will be able to help you with this
- you can find out more in the calculation guidance where you can access a claim calculator – this will allow you to check your claim for most employees who are paid the same amount each pay period
- access our simple step-by-step guide for additional help
After you’ve made a claim:
- keep a note or a print-out of your claim reference number – you won’t receive a confirmation SMS or email
- retain all records and calculations for your claims, in case HMRC need to contact you about them
- expect to receive the funds six working days after you apply, provided your claim matches records that HMRC hold for your PAYE scheme – please do not contact HMRC before this time
- to receive payment by 30 April, you will need to complete an application by 22 April
- please ask your furloughed employees not to contact HMRC directly – they will not be able to provide them with any information on individual claims.
HMRC expect to be very busy so would ask that you only call if you can’t find what you need on GOV.UK or through their webchat service – this will leave lines open for those who need their help most.
HMRC will check claims made through the scheme and will act to protect public money against anyone who makes a claim using dishonest or fraudulent information.