Role Title: Administration Volunteer
Direct Report: Administration Manager, Registered Manager.
Background: Administration, Data Entry, secretarial work.
1.0 Role Summary
- Supporting the team with the implementation of a new administration system, transferring paper files into a digital system.
2.0 Main Responsibilities
- Supporting our adult social care teams with the ‘going digital’ project.
- The work involves: transferring information from paper documents to digital platforms by both keyboard entry and scanning; chasing colleagues for missing data; using the internet to search for and verify information and assisting with the secure disposal of documents.
- Work will be supervised by a diverse and friendly team, who will offer training and support.
- Travel expenses will be paid and lunch if working a full day, (6 hours or more).
3.0 Person Specification
- Keyboard entry experience and familiarity with online portals/data systems and internet use are desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy are required.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality: volunteers will be managing sensitive, confidential data and will need an enhanced DBS (at Rathbone’s cost) and two good references.
- An interest in the charitable sector and the work of Rathbone.
- Knowledge and experience of charity business and administration practices.
- A genuine interest in supporting young people and adults with learning disabilities to lead fulfilled and independent lives and an awareness and an understanding of the pressures and challenges they face.
- An interest in the work of the voluntary sector and supporting the work that charities do to assist those who are deemed to be vulnerable in our society.
4.0 Time Commitment
- The project is scheduled to last about 6 months, after which there will be a new programme of similar work archiving many years of old paper records.
- A minimum commitment of a half day per week for a minimum period of 3 months is required.
- Although some home working might be possible, due to the sensitive nature of the information being handled, most of the work will take place in West Norwood, Lambeth (SE27).