An excellent and rewarding job opportunity has arisen for a PSV Engineer to
join Arriva London, based at Norwood Garage.
As a PSV Engineer, your role would involve carrying out planned and
preventative maintenance along with diagnostic fault finding and reactive
repairs to a fleet of commercially operated London buses, to the strict
standards set by both Arriva, and the DVSA.
What Arriva can offer you:
– £16.27 per hour and ranging up to £23.59 per hour
– Full-Time Permanent Employment with potential Overtime
– Fantastic career progression, training (including High Voltage/EV’s) and
– Free travel on TFL operated transport links (Bus/Underground/London
Overground/DLR) for you and a nominated member of your family
residing within the same household
– Additional allowances/enhancements available over and above basic
– If you don’t have a PCV licence, we teach you to drive a bus!
– Access to the Arriva Village – Retail discounts and offers
– Arriva Workplace Pension
– 20 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years service, plus bank holidays
The role will involve:
– Servicing, maintenance and repairs to Arriva and DVSA standards
– Continuous improvement of vehicle reliability
– MOT preparation, planned preventative maintenance campaigns and
– Vehicle fault diagnosis and ensuring reliability and maintenance is kept to
Arriva Standards (Higher than DVSA)
– Hours may require shift working
– 5 years HGV experience or Level 2/3 NVQ/IRTEC Qualification
– Knowledge of PSV/HGV maintenance
– Knowledge of engineering procedures and Health & Safety legislation
– Inspection of vehicles for the scheduled maintenance – Desirable but not
– Electrical circuits and systems knowledge – Desirable but not essential
– A full UK driving licence (6 points or less)
– A PCV license – Desirable but not essential
– Ability to be passed fit for a PCV pre-employment medical
APPLY NOW to join the Arriva London team to help deliver our vision of
providing clean, sustainable and reliable transport services to our customers for
a greener future.
At Arriva, we acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Your application will be sent directly to the employer and a confirmation email will be sent to you.