Role Title: Finance Volunteer
Direct Report: Finance Manager
Background: Administration, has worked in Finance department previously.
1.0 Role Summary
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the running of the Finance department and transferring paper files into a digital system.
2.0 Main Responsibilities
- Transferring information on paper documents to digital platforms by both keyboard entry and scanning; chasing colleagues for missing data etc.;
- Working on Xero (accounts package) and ensuring all purchases have invoices/ Purchase order (supporting documents) and chasing colleagues for missing information
- Training and support will be provided by Finance manager
- Travel expenses will be paid and lunch if working a full day, (6 hours or more).
3.0 Person Specification
- Keyboard entry experience and familiarity with online portals/data systems and internet use
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy are required
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality: volunteers will be managing sensitive and confidential data and will need an enhanced DBS (at Rathbone’s cost) and two good references
- An interest in the charitable sector and the work of Rathbone
- Knowledge and experience of charity business and administration practices
- Experience working in a Finance department
- A genuine interest in supporting young people and adults with learning disabilities to lead fulfilled and independent lives and an awareness and an understanding of the pressures and challenges they face.
- An interest in the work of the voluntary sector and supporting the work that charities do to assist those who are deemed to be vulnerable in our society.
4.0 Time Commitment
- The project is ongoing and new similar projects may be available within the Finance Department
- A minimum commitment of a half day per week is required.
- Although some home working might be possible, due to the sensitive nature of the information being handled, most of the work will take place in West Norwood, Lambeth (SE27).