- training staff in dealing with shoplifters, anti-social behaviour and gathering evidence
- collecting evidence and informing the police accordingly through their information sharing partnership
- making private prosecutions with the help of chain store management
- issuing trespass notices to prolific offenders, with any additional offence carried out charged with the more serious offence of burglary
- ensuring the administration tasks associated with recording offences are done correctly
- creating a communication group for the shops to share information and offer live advice and support
We are confident that this scheme will make our high street unfavourable to these 10-15 prolific shoplifters that ‘work’ the BID area. If the pilot goes well, we will look for further funding to continue it.