Times are tough and sometimes it can be difficult to know how to prioritise. Don’t let financial worries overwhelm you, take advantage of Station to Station’s FREE Money Health Chat service.
Get support in managing your:
- personal debt
- business debt
The process is:
- tailored to your needs
- flexible around your schedule
How you will get support:
- no initial paperwork required
- overview of profit and loss
- signposting to resources
- links to benefits & funding sources
Make that first step, have a 1 hour informal chat with a trained advisor!
These one to one, confidential Money Health Chats are delivered in partnership with accredited local advice service, Centre 70* via a second round of funding secured from Impact on Urban Health & the Design Council.
Centre 70 provides a bespoke service that looks at your money and health situation and provides options and resources so you can work towards appropriate and sustainable solutions.
You will receive a one to one session to establish the issues, which will be followed up by emails/calls to progress options and actions.
Within these advice sessions, Centre 70 will undertake Money Management and Income Maximisation advice:
- General overview of the business Profit and Loss and discuss business budgeting and spending
- Detailed look at personal income and expenditure and preparing personal budgeting and spending plans
- Income Maximisation including benefit checks, utility and other discounts, help with health care costs on low income grounds etc
- Generic information understanding and efficiently selecting financial products
- Product comparisons like energy tariffs, broadband, credit cards, phone packages etc
- Building in the ability to plan and save for life transitions and unexpected events
Centre 70 will advise on debts and suitable strategies to deal with these. That will include dealing with:
- Urgent debts (advice and possible negotiation to cease action)
- Priority debts including business rates, rent, service charges, mortgage, fines, tax debts, lease debts etc
- Non priority debts of consumer credit, utilities, County Court Claims and County Court Judgements
- Utilities debt advice and advice on energy efficiency, conservation and usage
Centre 70 will also give general business guidance, with an overview of business help and links to resources that can help, including:
- Marketing help and tools
- Business discounts and exemptions
- Organisations that help niche business or areas
The Money Health Chat sessions are designed to be both a solution to the financial worries for an individual business owner or manager, as well as a potential springboard to further holistic support through Centre 70’s other advice services such as:
- Specialist housing and benefit advice
- Legal advice (consumer law, family law, etc.)
- Therapeutic counselling
- Wellbeing activities
- Peer Support Groups
- Referral to external free quality assured partners
Centre 70 has capacity to deliver up to 5 of these Money Health Chat sessions monthly for a year, and spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you are a Station to Station levy paying business and are interested, please email email@example.com
All enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
*Centre 70 are authorised by and meet the standards of the Financial Conduct Authority to provide Debt Advice, (authorisation number 618717). They have a LEXCEL legal practice quality mark set by the Law Society (https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/accreditation/lexcel/) and have regular quality audits of their work.