Thames Water have now laid around half of the new water pipe on Norwood Road. Due to challenging ground conditions and the presence of other utilities such as electricity cables, they have had to make some changes to the order in which they will continue the works.
- From 1 October to 14 December 2019, they’ll be upgrading the pipes between Elmcourt Road and Ullswater Road.
- From 17 October to 14 December 2019, they’ll be working opposite Perran Road at Tulse Hill to connect the new pipework.
- From 9 October, for approximately five days, they’ll be digging trial holes to confirm the ground conditions between Chatsworth Way and Robson Road. A temporary 3-way traffic lights, with a signalised pedestrian crossing, to control the flow of traffic will be in place. The bus stops outside Sainsburys and London Decorators Merchants will be closed during this period.
Christmas shutdown and 2020
Thames Water will be clearing all working areas and removing their site offices by 14 December 2019 and Lancaster Avenue, York Hill and Leigham Vale will be re-opened to traffic to allow full access to shops and businesses during the festive shopping period.
- They will return to Norwood Road on 6 January 2020, working between Chatsworth Way and Robson Road.
- From 6 January 2020 to May 2020, their site office will be located on Robson Road. During this period, Robson Road will be closed at the junction with Norwood Road.
- Works are expected to be completed by the end of June 2020.
Shops and businesses will be open as usual, and there will be access for bin collections and deliveries too.