- Our five year term commences! Get ready for positive change in the area.
- A board of directors is established to oversee the BID projects, board members are voluntary representatives from a range of both independent and national businesses with premises in the area.
- Our new website and social media channels go live. We will use them both to communicate with our business community and to tell the world about our great place!
- Station to Station supports CuriousSE27 – a curated trail of work by South London artists displayed in
local businesses and venues.
- Customer service training is delivered for employees of local businesses – the first in a series of sessions.
- Working with Lambeth Council we scope Government funding opportunities to develop workspace in West Norwood’s Commercial Area. The BID leads on engagement with local stakeholders.
- Station to Station work with local volunteers to adorn the high street with balloons in celebration of Small Business Saturday, encouraging consumers to support local businesses. We promote a series of special offers through social media and poster campaign.
- Station to Station commissions local business Floral Hall to deliver West Norwood’s Christmas tree, and work together with Feast to fund the annual Christmas Lights event.
- Station to Station supports Fest Norwood – a ten day multi-arts festival celebrating our heritage, community and local businesses and promoting well-being.
- Three new planters installed at Tulse Hill Station Rise, funded with Lambeth and maintained by STS.
- Commissioned the Shop Local blog on West Norwood Feast's redesigned website, profiling a new West Norwood and Tulse Hill business each month.
- Establishment of high street trader WhatsApp group for businesses to communicate with each other, S2S and local councillors.
- Monthly trader meetings with invited traders, themed around topics of interest to businesses i.e. marketing, Thames Water roadworks, business rates, policing, building developments etc.
- Shop Local marketing campaign for Christmas, door drop to 10,000 local homes of leaflet highlighting all the great Christmas Shopping ideas on the high street.
- Advocacy with Streetworks and Lambeth council to reinstate some 1 hour parking lost to pavement widening.
- Links made with Parkhall Workspace - advocacy with Workspace and local councillors on parking issues, establishment of WhatsApp group for internal communication.
- Christmas networking event for businesses and new Christmas lights and two trees.
- Negotiations with Thames Water, Transport for London and Lambeth Highways to get best possible outcomes for the high street when 13 months of necessary mains replacement work happens.
- Parkhall business directory commissioned.
Forging working links with local organisations such as Norwood Planning Assembly (NPA), Norwood Forum (NF) and Norwood Action Group (NAG) to represent the business interests of the local area.
- Visits to businesses on the KIBA to establish issues and coordinate efforts to resolve them:
- Working with Lambeth Parking to remove abandoned vehicles (AVs) from the KIBA and to make the removal of AVs a top priority for Lambeth
- Working with Veolia & Lambeth Enforcement to keep the streets clean and follow up and fine/prosecute serial fly tippers
- Working with Lambeth Regeneration team and local organisations such as NPA, NF & NAG to support positive building developments in the area.
- Production of first of series of high street map leaflet with local offers to encourage shoppers to use the high street - 5000 of these were handed out at local train stations and the high street.